The stocks with highest return possibilities attract investment. The shares of Facebook and Twitter are something that most investors want to keep in their portfolio these days. Unfortunately, many are not sure which one among the two is the best bet for 2014. Both companies belong to the social and media networking industry. The choice is tough as both of them have their respective strengths and weaknesses. Analysts share their point of view based on the available company results and earning reports. As far as profitability or return on investment is concerned, one must track the company’s popularity and stock movement trend to get a fair return on the hard earned cash invested.
Judging Investment Feasibility Based on Company’s Experience
Both the companies earn most of their revenues through advertisements. Twitter started later than Facebook. Facebook is already a matured player in the game. Facebook has decided its business model and is approaching much strategically. On the other hand, it’s also true that Twitter is having the advantage of starting late as it can always learn from the mistakes made by Facebook already. As a matter of fact, Twitter will always have the benefit of not repeating the same mistake already made by Facebook.
The Service Features That Appeal to the Consumers
1. Despite being a new entrant in the networking industry, Twitter enjoys few advantages over Facebook. Some features the company has been able to offer to its target customers have been giving Facebook a strong reason to sense the pressure of competition.
2. For example, Facebook is trying hard to knock off Twitter’s hashtag feature through every possible means. Despite that, now Twitter is the most efficient market player when it comes to offering real time broadcasting service.
3. Twitter is definitely the most reliable platform for promoting or connecting to a link. Getting response on Twitter is much easier and faster. To get updates, one doesn’t need to log in every time. Instead, the RSS reader can be used for that purpose.
4. Facebook has its own reasons to enjoy its space. The company is extremely fast and adaptable to any kind of technological alterations. Facebook is the fastest and most convenient networking site for people who want to always stay connected to their friends and get every update. Facebook is addictive.
5. People usually love the social portal model of Facebook because it gives them the privilege of managing all social connections through one single log in interface.
So, basically people have their own reasons and requirements for going after the stocks of networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. Both the companies are innovative and working hard to explore new service features for the advertisers and the consumers. Twitter is still growing. The company just launched its IPO last year and had seen a good public response. But when compared to Facebook, it can be said that the company’s revenue figures are not so appealing. Reasonable judgements are not made in a hurry. So anybody, who wants to know about the return possibilities on the shares in 2014 and have a better overview of the company’s share, should also try to know what Wall Street says about valuation of both the company’s shares.